First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Checking In

It seems that I have some shopping to do in spite of just getting back from a jaunt at our good 'ol cheap neighbours, USA. Yes, with the girls and of course Daddy-day-care came along. Girls were amazing travellers for the 4 hour drive but upon arriving at our destination the first thing out of Sophia's mouth was, "I wanna go home", (don't forget to add the whine when you say the sentence). Lovely, and yes, I was worried but Daddy-daycare came to the rescue and we had a ball. Our room had a lovely 4 poster king bed with a jacuzzi tub which the girls enjoyed immensely, don't fret, I enjoyed the lumpy pull-out couch in the other room. (ha ha). These sacrifices are necessary if you want 2 happy girls in the morning. I would catch my husband looking longingly at the lovely bed and jacuzzi no doubt with visions of what may have been before kids!!!! (HA HA HA). Poor Daddy. On the way back we had some technical difficulties with the dvd and amazingly the girls survived the trip without the assistance of the zombie-inducing gadget.

I definitely need a camera since my digital has given up on me (just barely 2 years old). I guess all the pictures I take of the girls has exhausted the thing. Nonetheless, a crappy time to be sans camera with our 2 year Family Day coming up next month and Christmas. Also on my shopping list is a new pair of hockey pants. Yes, I do play hockey (I love, love. love, the sport!), but last week I got some "looks" by the folks so I guess it's time. Just for the record though I do love my old hockey pants.
Enjoy your week everyone!

11 comments:

"M2" said...

that's not you in the picture.......
no way right????

D2 said...

I'll be happy to dispense unsolicited advice on cameras... ok, I'll do if you ask me to - which might make it solicited after all... never mind. :-)

Diana said...

Dispense away D...hopefully asap as I am hoping to get a new one by next week at the latest....your input would be appreciated.

Diana said...

A new camera that is.....hockey pants will have to wait...a mother has her priorities..

RamblingMother said...

Well it must be very cold on the ice that way?

Beverly

kerri said...

Nice legs baby!!
Little chilly without those pants, LOL.

Nikki said...

Glad you had a good trip...that picture is hilarious!

Ooh, a new camera...that is very exciting!

redmaryjanes said...

Um, is that you? Girl, if I looked that good, I'd forget the pants!
Hockey is a big sport in our household!

Steffie B. said...

I want a new camera too! Forget the hockey pants..... ;)

insanemommy said...

girl you are smokin' hot! no need for the pants. i'd start charging admission! lol.....

ThE uSeFuL said...

Hey you don't need pants. Go for the camera. You look better without the pants :-p. Just kidding ;-)